Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

How hard is it to find the Mtecnic Bodykit?

I have part of the Mtechnic Bodykit, the side skirts, as the previous owner was looking to kit the whole car but said it was hard to find the rest of it. Is it? Is there any places that can do replica kits?

This is what I have already anyway...

Side Skirts

( I would post the pic but its in 4 Mega pixel and cant be stuffed resizing )

Hi,

Just so your aware - those are Mtechnic 1 sideskirts, which are made for pre-facelift but look badass on facelift as well. Mtech 1 front and rear bumpers will no fit on your car as the bumpers are different, you will have to buy Mtech 2. Mtech 2 is pretty much more hard to come by than Mtech1.

The likelihood one comes up is rather dismal, the likelihood one comes up and is not way over price, is about same odds as winning powerball on lotto.

Will PM you will some extra details soon.

Andy.

And once you find one you will find that your at the backof the line behind alomst everyone else on this site. haha

Is the IS style front lip spoiler for the F/L E30 the same as the Mtechnic 2 kit?

I bought one of those off BMW a little while ago, so they are still available new. the straight ones also. Needs to be painted though.

Hi,

Just so your aware - those are Mtechnic 1 sideskirts, which are made for pre-facelift but look badass on facelift as well. Mtech 1 front and rear bumpers will no fit on your car as the bumpers are different, you will have to buy Mtech 2. Mtech 2 is pretty much more hard to come by than Mtech1.

The likelihood one comes up is rather dismal, the likelihood one comes up and is not way over price, is about same odds as winning powerball on lotto.

Will PM you will some extra details soon.

Andy.

Ahh right. Well, my car looks kinda silly with those skirts...they're a different colour, and shape.

There are some interesting bodykits available from the US but look kinda whorey - I wonder if they can fabricate some replicas or if some fibreglass place can do something similar.

Look like this

Kinda strange look.

I'll email around, I suppose.

Thanks for the info guys.

There are some interesting bodykits available from the US but look kinda whorey - I wonder if they can fabricate some replicas or if some fibreglass place can do something similar.

If you are talking about that reiger kit looking 'whorey' i dont know what to say. That kit is sex :wub:

Is the IS style front lip spoiler for the F/L E30 the same as the Mtechnic 2 kit?

I bought one of those off BMW a little while ago, so they are still available new. the straight ones also. Needs to be painted though.

nah the IS lip isnt the same as the Mtech2. Mtech 2 is a complete valance, no lip on the bottom of it.

If you are talking about that reiger kit looking 'whorey' i dont know what to say. That kit is sex :wub:
Lol the Reiger kit looks like sh*t on wheels. With a kit.

There was an M3 replica on there that did look quite nice though, but for 300 US shipping and over a grand US for the kit, and possibly damage during shipping and possibly sh*t craftmanship...i wouldnt hit it.

Some nice kits on there...not cheap, though.

Edit: Quite like the "BREYTON STYLING E30 '88-'91"

Not bad for $1500, either.

Edited by ipwnyou

Reiger kit is way to flashy for an E30, doesn't suit at all, neither does the E46 M3 replica kit, however the E36 M3 kit looks pretty good on E30.

mtech kits arent that impossible to find....i sold mine a while back and andy bought his too.....both for reasonable prices. trademe doesnt always have em so look a little furthur afield

dude you have a facelift with the mtech1 skirts and wing? just the iS lip spoiler (~300 from BMW) on the front and it would look really good

found my stuff at the wreckers, went in to find parts for the supra and found they had an e30 way at the back with an mtech 1 front. it was damaged but easy fixed. got rear and side skirts from Ray, he also has an mtech2 front but he doesnt know if he wants to sell it. He will charge the earth if he does sell it to you. i askd him a week ago and since then he said he will think about it. wasnt asking for me as i have p/f so you might be in luck

Edited by bem-on