Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Anyone had experience with 2006 118i (manual or auto)

Looking at one of these for my brother. It's a manual one (6spd) but any experience with the car and either transmission will be well received. I unfortunately can't go and see it before auction close as I'm overseas.

Cheers

linky please

although a very different application my 6spd 120d is very high geared,i dont really change to 6th until about 110kms.Otherwise the manual shifting shifting is nice.I think because of the ultra high gearing for the diesel 2nd is a bit low for slow driving(wellington hills) but 3rd is too high and the jump from 2 to 3 is big.Maybe the petrol cars are lower geared

not that spacious but like most hatchbacks suprisingly practical,took a wall oven and cooktop home the other day,have also moved dishwashers and washing machines.Love the steering and brakes and neutral feel

Bought at 80odd k now done 140k no problems at all

Edited by kiwi535

Thanks for your input. Sorry I'm browsing on my phone and can't get the link up in te TM app but it's found under 2006 118i manual easily .

i couldnt find a manual 118i ....yes i did.....

only one comment.If you can avoid run flat tyres,its the only thing i dont like about mine.Its fine on smooth roads but can be downright unpleasant on uneven surfaces

Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1