Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Orange turn signals - where to get? Help.

Yes, I've just replaced my E39's front and side lights to clears (that was hard work - another story). Unfortunately they don't come with the yellow bulbs. Tried Repco, say they never carried them (WTH?).

So does anyone know who in Wellington sells them?

TIA.

WHAT!

i bought amber bulbs from repco about a month ago? im sure they have them, like 2.50 each maybe yours are different, clears are the shizzle i wish i could get some for my e30..

well thats just weird...maybe try a different repco.

coz i got mine there too

if that fails go round to your local wrecker/panelbeater as they always have

spare bulbs and stuff floating round spare

Just get some light ( or dark if you want ) orange paint in a spray can. Only half the bulb really needs to be painted.

Better get the heat resistant ie: block paint if you are paranoid about it at all.

Alot cheaper to get the amber bulbs themselves, and repco do do them. Just a quick fix if you have orange paint lying around, and we know you got the clear bulbs :)

I haven't done this, but read on a few forums others doing it with great results.

EDIT: Did you ask for YELLOW or amber/orange coloured bulbs? I can see the, ahem, highly qualified counter guy spazzing out and not even asking 'did you mean orange, or we have orange in stock'

Edited by 318is

EDIT: Did you ask for YELLOW or amber/orange coloured bulbs? I can see the, ahem, highly qualified counter guy spazzing out and not even asking 'did you mean orange, or we have orange in stock'

Aha, I think I did say yellow :-) Aren't they very bright and customer focused. I'll check with the other Repco, and I've already emailed Shelly Bmw to get the bulbs from them.

Yep, at last it's sorted. Got my side from BMW, front from Repco. While at Repco the salesgirl threw my working white bulb. I said to her "That costs $10 a piece, I want it back". So she went through the rubbish bin for it. Gosh, unbelievable.

good topic... i was gonna start one myself... just organised some clear indicator lenses for my e28

hey where abouts did you get the clears fr your e28?

If youre talking about the front and rear lenses:

http://www.algonet.se/~kinnby/shop/shop_eu.htm only person in the world that I have found to do them and I have been waiting for ages for him to finally make some more. However they are only lenses, not actually whole light sets. Therefore requiring some smashing of old lenses.

The side repeaters are easy to get - just google "E28 clear"