Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

A 'proper' road safety message, from the front-line

We have threads on speed, clowns on the road etc all through here - some of us have mates that deal with the aftermath, maybe some of us are those people, maybe we have lost friends, family, mates on NZ roads...........

Heres a wee read...........

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/blackspots-the-real-toll-of-nzs-roads/9587455/I-have-seen-men-lose-their-best-mates

Try to make it consistently good choices & good decisions when you're behind the wheel........ ;):)

Theres a new NZTA ad on TV nowdays, & I really like the concept, in comparison with some of the other stuff they have produced at times. One of the things it talks about though, is 'making mistakes' - when you're driving its not the place to make mistakes IMO, they'll bite ya eventually, simple as that. ;)

I helped someone at an accident scene a couple of years back, me and another passer by completed 25 minutes of cpr on a guy before the ambulance arrived.
cant tell you if he survived or not, i didnt want to know really.

not long after the ambo arrived i overheard a person complain that they had been filming with their iphone so long their arms hurt.

took me quite some time staring at them to fully grasp how horrifically self centered that was, morbid for filming a dying man, and so selfish for that comment while the willing people had horribly sore bodies from the laboring task of cpr.

if i could have lifted a fist he would have found it.

i think more people should be trained in first aid in general. far to many people watch people die for want of first aid that they find gross.

also i recommend a free app called "aed locations" gives you a map view, name and address of the nearest building with defibrillators inside. can save lives knowing where to go

• Like 1

Absolutely agree Jason...............with what you're saying on being first on scene, & first aid course - it's also one of the reasons all my vehicles have first aid kits & at least 1 x fire extinguisher in them.....& my personal opinion is both should be a mandatory requirement in ALL light vehicles.... ;)

i have a first aid kit in the car, and kitchen and garage.

not paranoid just prepared.

also have an extinguisher in the car but thats only because i drive a bmw.

usually that sits in the garage.

saddest thing is i wasnt first on the scene, just first willing to help