Sign in to follow this  
far4ngn

FS: 1986 Toyota Mk1b AW11 MR2 NZ New

NZ New Mk1b AW11 MR2 Targa Top in Super Red, first registered in December 1986. This possibly the first NZ New targa top plus has an aircon option.

1600cc 16v NA Blue top with 191000kms, manual transmission with no crunches. The car has an excellent interior, manual windows, non-power steering and still has the targa top bags and spare wheel cover... plus the original service book and even the the original plates in the boot.

The engine has been cleaned up, the ugly Toyota throttle tripod removed and a 'Jimi' throttle mod and stainless steel valley cover fitted, but all original parts have been kept and could easily be refitted.

The car is totally free from rust and I couldn’t find any at all, the paint is original and therefore has an occasional dent. The drivers door has lost a little clear coat around the door handle.

On the downside, the electric aerial no longer works and is a simple replacement and the aircon needs the compressor replacing (spare supplied).

Originally bought as a project to modify, but the car is in such good condition it would be better to be kept original and as there is nothing to repair. So I'm looking for another BMW as a project.

Looking for $4800 ono, let me know if you need any other pics.

Pics courtesy of the guys on Bwarp.net.nz

MR2Front.jpg

MR2.jpg

mr2back.jpg

mr2side.jpg

thats a very tidy example of a great car. incase anyone is interested these high compression motors are happy to have the later mr2 supercharger added on. no real mods required. would be a shame to mess with a mint car though

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

Price reduced, need to get another BMW project underway :)

That's a tidy old girl, might pay to tuck it away for another 10 years? Used to have a SW11, great handling cars. GLWS.

Yup I've thought about that too. It'll start appreciating in the next few years as quite a few have rust issues, so NZ New are getting quite scarce. Plus its great to drive, really nippy.

Hi very Interested as a cash buyer. I am located in Hamilton, But my dad is heading to wellington for business this week. could we arrange a viewing? give me a call 0211895242

Cheers Tom