Sign in to follow this  
Federation12

E46 Sedan Spring options

Please forgive me if this has been discussed recently. I went around 3 pages deep and read some of the more relevant threads but I'm left with a few questions hopefully you guys can help me out :)

Been thinking about it for ages, but at some point this year I'd like to lower the lady. It seems that coilovers aren't the recommended option for daily commuting when it comes to cost, certs and general ride comfort.

So the most commonly talked about option seems to be the H&R sport springs?

Is it worth PMing the forum sponsors for a price, or is there a place local (Im over the bridge, but willing to drive around town) that can sell me a set? How much roughly would a set cost?
There seems to be a debate about using standard shocks vs aftermarket ones. Is it okay to do one at a time (i.e springs first and shocks a few months later)? Or should I be looking to put enough money aside to do both at the same time? As far as I've read it seems you can run stock shocks for a while, however they will fail sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and I apologise for my lack of knowledge! I did try and read up quite a bit before I posted :)

Cheers

Might as well add that I'm not really interested in the whole "slammed" look. But I'd love to clear that little gap between the wheels

Edited by Lewi9

Factory msport is a nice height on these, I'd find a complete low mileage set of msport springs and shocks to match your model.