Sign in to follow this  
Ganz

HELP e36 m52b28, coolant issues and valve cover issues

bought a e36 328i 1996 taking a gamble with it, it was spitting coolant from under the manifold by the firewall ONLY WHEN THE CAR REACHED OPERATING TEMPERATURE. I managed to remove the manifold to find the heater core hose to the block slit, while doing so i noticed that the valve cover was bent or warped?

This car appeared to run fine the day before drove around for 20 minutes and even a few pulls etc. but when i was going to pick it up the next day the owner said this occurred and he turned it off immediately and got it towed. so i got the car allot cheaper with the intention to gamble with it just being a cheap hose. i saw the car running today and it ran fine and revved fine even got up on the tow truck , but it only starts sptting coolant when you get to operating temp and then starts spitting, there was no apparent oil in the rad or coolant in the oil and no bubbles in the rad.

how common is this issue? and will i have problems with the valve cover? im worried the head maybe warped/cracked but it diddnt appear to have the usual symptoms what else should i look for?. ignore grammar and spelling im in a hurry, any input is appreciated thanks the photos are upside down btw

post-51511-0-37990900-1401008268.jpg

post-51511-0-18498000-1401008272.jpg

I'm confused... is the hose damaged still?

sometimes they only generate enough pressure at operating temprature to push out a small cut in the hose.

if it has overheated, the engine may be damaged, but if you say it runs fine with no mixing of coolants, and you've already bought it you should just replace the hose and, see how it goes from there.

if the valvecover doesn't leak don't worry about it. you can tell the cover is warped and not the head.

sorry for the confusion, yea i only took it apart a few hours ago. im waiting to get a hold of a new hose and maybe do all the hoses while im in there. sweet, i guess il have to fix it and see how it goes from there. not sure how common this problem is with these engines.