Sign in to follow this  
Guest 535E28

eibach springs

Guest 535E28

Can anyone contribute any info or feedback on eibach springs, and if they are available in NZ (or Wgtn).. cheers

Edited by 535E28

yuh you can get eibach springs for the E28 through Autolighn(speeling?)

they are the oppisition for george stocks + co

autolighn chuck their stuff through BNT stores i think, or you could go straight to them, they're really expensive tho, was something stupid like $800 for a set, and eibach sag in the back in E28s over time apprently as well, Ive researched this quite a bit and it seems ur best to either stay with Mtechs, or H&R springs, apprarently the best for E28s other than Racing dynamics. Dont know where you can get them through in NZ tho, may have to go online, www.turnermotorsport.com do them, they are cheap to buy, but shipping is huge, was about the price of the item for shipping

Hope that helped!

Sparkle

Cardwells racing supplies are the NZ agent for eibach, they are world class springs, and are used by many of the top WRC and race teams in the world including BMW Motorsport ( I could get a job selling them!)- I don't know about them sagging though. H&R make their own springs, and are very good quality too, as you would expect from the krauts. I know someone who imports H&R products, which incidentally use Bilstein shocks in their suspension kits ( I have a kit in one of my cars) and the price is pretty reasonable, but not cheap by any stretch, it cost me about $2500 for a set of front struts with adjustable platforms and 60mm race springs, and a pair of rear shocks and rear springs (non adjustable.This is a semi-race kit, road car kits are a fair bit less, without the platforms, around $1500 or so from memory, and quality is superb.

I am also keen on a set of Bilsteins and some decent springs for my E28, any chance of getting a quantity discount if a few of us band together? My car appears to be almost identical to 535E28's ride, just mine is not in such mint condition (I am envious!).

Rod

Guest 535E28

anyone got any thoughts on a B+G springs, monroe gas shocks combination ... just what a local store spec'd as a replacement in the E28.

monroes are pretty ham as a rule, used to be a good shock, ages ago, def not a performance shock.

i talked to the guy at tzr.co.nz and he reckons he will end up revalving my factory bilsteins (not that hard to get ahold of if u dont have them) and was goin to be fairly cheap, be rebuild them to pss9 (coilover) spec it was gona be only bout $50 per shock! and up to about $150 if they had to be fully rebuilt (which they wont need to be)

not sure on B+G springs, im thinkin of goin for them as they are a nice price.

Hey will short decent shocks harden up my ride at all? as i have compressed springs and they are awfull :(