Sign in to follow this  
318is

Any one from AK into Kayaking

I Kayak almost every saturday and some Sundays as well for about 3 - 4 hours. Launch from Kohi beach and go perving at Mission bay beach, St. Heliers beach, and just go where ever I feel like it really.

Watch the big and small boats racing around and general fun. Looking at starting fishing and maybe snorkling as well from the Kayak.

Good exercise, get some fresh air etc.

If anyone has one and wants to get out, lets make a time to have a paddle around.

???

Edited by 318is

Well i dont kayak, :o but im into rowing.

If you ever want to make the long paddle over to west auckland we may be able to meet! :bounce:

You must see other rowing boats around the Tamaki?

i got a ski, havnt been using it for ages. but would be keen to go sometime.

put it up in here when ya wanna go. would be mint

yeah I quite like kayaking , but never really do it, only when in Coromandle.

I tried using one of those surf ski things when I was down in coro a few weeks ago, there bloody hard to to use those things with out it flipping over

Sweet. Like I said, i'm on the beach just about every saturday, even last saturday. Quite rough, windy as, big swells but a sh*t load of fun actually.

I have a SOT ( sit on top ) kayak that I scored off trademe, new.

Bloody unsinkable. If you are confident in the boat, it makes the paddle so much better.

Fergy Kayaks rent them out, could paddle over there and meet up if anyone is keen to try one out.

Just post up here if you are keen or txt me vod 522127. Ph is always on me, even in the boat. Hell, if you are on the beach during any saturday, say between 11am and 3 or 4pm, txt away 'cos I won't be far away and you can jump in and have a go.