Sign in to follow this  
crabstick

e61 stranded - wont start - doesn't crank

Hi guys,

My car is currently stranded at the local shops, Car would no go after driving to the shops, doesn crank, doesnt ask me to put my foot on the brake (which is pointing to something ...), doesn't make a noice when you turn the key to the start stage.. Have tried a jump battery and its not making any difference, no low voltage warnings or other faults have occurred.

Got roadside assist out, but they were as good as ... you know what.

I have inpa etc etc, and vag com cable and am familiar with basic coding but not fault diagnosis software.. Anyone in auckland do breakdown calls on these things?

Looks like it will be staying at the shops tonight, under watchfull eyes of CCTV cameras, but I will still be nervous..

Thanks

Check under the spare wheel for water. Check under the battery also.

A couple of months after getting mine it leaked from a partially detached outer drivers side taillight lens that allowed water into the lower region. BMW in their infinite wisdom put numerous electrics low in the bodywork.

This happened when parked on a slight slope while out and the starting system (push button start) was kaput. Wife kept trying and battery died soon after, taking out steering lock and pretty much everything else... Putting battery pack on it did nothing at that point, it was dead dead dead.

Once dried out thoroughly and sorted by BM Workshop it was fine, including the cig lighters which had never worked for me up till then.

ah no water, hasn't got wet for days, put it on a towtruck and off to the workshop it goes. hopefully not too major.