Sign in to follow this  
darrencnz

Instrument cluster lights always on e30 conversion

Hey people

So ive just finished my m52b28 conversion in my e30 and i seem to have all the red warning lights on on my instrument cluster.

Something i realised when trying to diagnose it was when i unplugged the x20 plug in the engine bay, all the lights of concern were off as they should be, the handbrake lights up like it should and the brake fluid level is off as it should be.

When the x20 plug is plugged in, i get all the lights lit up about 3/4 when i put the handbrake on, you can see it light up just a little bit more as though it is now lit up fully.

Im not really concerned about the brake pad wear light as i can just remove the bulb and forget about it, but theres something not right to cause the others to light up like they do.

Any ideas? I know a lot of people have done these conversion and wonder if anyone else has had the same issue? Apart from this, everything else is great, everything runs and works as it should.