Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

E30 brake pads: OEM vs others

Hi guys,

Thought I might do my pads in prep for summer. Got a quote for genuine OEM front pads for 115ish and 85ish for quality aftermarket ones.

Source is super trustworthy so I'm not questioning it much, but are OEM pads worth the $30 premium?

Which part numbers/brands do you guys recommend? Grateful if you could share some of your experiences.

Brakes are super critical, so $30 more is acceptable to me, but I just wanna ponder over the mark-ups applied due to OEM branding...

Cheers

I haven't had a lot of experience, however I did switch from OE pads to stoptech aftermarket pads and there was definitely a lot less brake dust (although still a bit, but it washes off easier). Performance is equal if not a little better. OEM pads definitely are good, and brakes are crucial but I honestly don't think you'll notice a massive difference between OE and aftermarket (to a point). Here's a link to the ones I got. I thought they were pretty well priced http://www.ebay.com/itm/370628123811?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Goodluck! Hope I could help

Edited by Kepes

OE pads are the way to go. Yes they produce plenty of dust but you are car nut - right. Dust won't be a problem because you clean your car every week -:)