Sign in to follow this  
20_q

Extreem Auido

Hi there

I have recently got my hands on some pretty extreme car audio equipment. Rockford fosgate amp and two RF 12” subs. These abloustly blow away the JBL’s and Sony amp I used to have. My problem is the box is really shabby and this set up rattles the crap out of my car. Was thinking I would do a custom set up but don’t want to spend a fortune so was thinking on doing it myself. Also im worried that if i make this myself these subs will break apart the box, the one i have them in is already showing signs of wear.

Have any of you got any pointers on achieving this, also on rattle proofing my e36.

k get on the web or read the manual about what size enclosure you require.

make sure you get it to those specs or you are wasting your time.

use MDF around 18mm+ there is no chance in hell you will destroy an enclosure with 2x RF 12"... not gonna happen.

custom is a bitch, but you can do it on the cheap.

read the faqs in the Appearance & Audio forum, before you begin work.

fibreglass is a mission but will set it off if you can be bothered...

please dont put rear fill (ie 6x9s or 6") in the rear now if you are running this, just get some decent front splits and amp them solid. your sh*t will pwn then.

q's just ask.

for the rattles, my 15" earthquake found a whole heap of them, just go hunting.. space invader will be your friend, as will any dampner material (e.g stinger roadkill etc) it becomes a great hobby.

but please make sure you do look and get rid of rattles before attempting to roll past some fly honeys with your sh*t off saftey and you boot all rattles.. not the sh*t.

im out.