Sign in to follow this  
conrod

facelift /pre facelift- differences

I have just discovered, while reading another thread, that the pre-facelift E30's have different rear wheelarches to the facelift, they look higher up. Can anyone tell me whether they have more clearance inside (widthwise) apart from the obvious fact they are higher up. Also, anyone know how much higher up they are? And any other differences, apart from the bumpers?Are the front arches the same? Reason I ask is that I am still looking for a "donor" car for my project,and was going to get a facelift, but am reconsidering now in the light of this fact, I will be trying to squeeze 8 inch wide wheels underneath, so space will be at a premium! Thanks guys! :thumb:

Edited by conrod

hey, i have a facelift and everytime a see a pre facelift motor sport i wish.. lol

facelifts have huge tail lights in my opinion compared to the pre's, and obviously the guards which i think look way better when they are lowered, as it looks even and one wheel isnt half under the gaurd like mine. i think the only other bit is they have different fog lights at the front?? think thats it

Cheers

Guest Spargo

You can fit an 8.5" rim into a FL rear wheel well, so it shouldnt be a problem. Suspension will have to be stiffer than to stuff the same wheel into a preFL well.