Sign in to follow this  
Valvebounce

E34 M20, dead in the water......

Me again.

Seemed like I had everything dialed. I was on my way to drop it off at a mates tonight, so hae could take it for a wof tomorrow. Just as I was pulling onto an expressway, it stopped. Leaving me stranded on the side of a bust road in rush hour, with no tools in a car three years out of WOF and REG.

By the time I was able to find a rescuer to tow it home for me, I was out of enthusiam to try fix it today.

My plan of attack is, Check fuel and spark. And I'll check the Crank angle sensor. (Both the Gap, and the impedence 641 ohms)

I may also try putting some fresh fuel in it too. (The 8 litres of gas in it is three years old)

What other stuff should I look at? I'm actually pretty new at EFI.

Any input or suggestions apreciated.

Firstly - 3yr old fuel is WELL past its use by, That really should have been the first thing to drain & replace.

My race car with the same engine had been sitting for nearly half that time & the fuel was shot. It smelt crap, was just flammable enough to start the engine but it still ran like crap until I replaced it. I am surprised yours even started.

As you allude to (after replacing the fuel) check spark & fuel flow, Both easy to do. It is likely to be something simple

Me again.

Seemed like I had everything dialed. I was on my way to drop it off at a mates tonight, so hae could take it for a wof tomorrow. Just as I was pulling onto an expressway, it stopped. Leaving me stranded on the side of a bust road in rush hour, with no tools in a car three years out of WOF and REG.

By the time I was able to find a rescuer to tow it home for me, I was out of enthusiam to try fix it today.

My plan of attack is, Check fuel and spark. And I'll check the Crank angle sensor. (Both the Gap, and the impedence 641 ohms)

I may also try putting some fresh fuel in it too. (The 8 litres of gas in it is three years old)

What other stuff should I look at? I'm actually pretty new at EFI.

Any input or suggestions apreciated.

i am gonna say its out of gas