Sign in to follow this  
Dnz

Misc comments

So after my car survived the waterpump/thermostat/radiator fiasco, i have another small list of stuff to do. Feel free to chime in with remarks/advice.

1. Teh tranny? New thing my car does, is when i slow to a stop, the engine will rev a little before it stops. Its an auto, so i dunno if its transmission fluid low, or if its somehow engine related.. gonna get it looked at in next week prob.

2. Morons tried to steal my car. They failed. Result is a small, and neat breakage of i guess the outer metal bit of the door lock. The key doesnt work in it anymore, so something else might be broken in it. Is it possible to just fix the outside broken bit, or will the whole lock need doing? Never parking/going to work at night again. Meh.

3. Control arms replacement coming up. Simple question - Offset or centered oem bushings? I know the offset will increase the caster, but i have no idea how this would help/not help. Also any hints on how to decrease inside tyre wear on the fronts?

4. Bushings for sways - do they need replacing? Is there a point? Stock sways would be 'better' with them?

Thats it for now i believe. Lets see how much this ends up costing..hoorah!

1. My 2 automatic cars does that too, I guess it's normal?

2. If the key doesn't work, they probably broken the pins inside the lock. Check with a lock smith to be sure.

3. Control Arm Bushing = Castor Rod Bushing, am I right?

Some people suggest to use the M3 bushing in a non-M3 car can help handling and they last longer, in what way I don't know. Any expert on this one?

4. Not sure on this one, sorry.

Im pretty sure it aint normal, as it started overnight..after the whole cooling thing even (maybe 2 days after). The revs are annoying when you slow - as it gives a slight push when youre nearly stopped.

Oh yeah, the bushings for front can be either centered or offcenter - stock is center, offcenter has something to do with caster - which again i dont know the benefits of messing with it..

nah, it didnt do it before. Like it pushes.

And actually, im starting to think its less the transmission, and more the engine being like 'wtf my revs are too low better up it a little'. Maybe just need a tune up..