Sign in to follow this  
LNPSBMER

performance exhaust/rear muffler

Just got this muffler fitted, the brand is ANSA out of Italy,

what I was after was a good looking twin muffler with as little noise increase as possible yet as usual I also wanted a muffler which would flow alot better than the standard rear muffler. I had a look inside this muffler and saw that it was extremely straight through with a chamber at the rear which split it into two

so at first glance I thought this has to be loud, I fitted the muffler with some apprehension as to what sort of tone or volume of noise I was going to end up with but when the moment of truth arrived and we started the car I was most pleased that in fact it was no different at all maybe just a touch deeper than standard but as for volume none whatsoever so if your after a cheap upgrade in your performance and looks I highly reccomend these mufflers thay are as good as our product buyers said! Oh and the muffler was fitted and supplied by Pitstop Newmarket

post-5-1136606774.jpg

Looks really good. How much was the muffler and do you know if they are available nationwide through Pit Stop. I am half looking for a muffler but have not really spent to much time on looking.

I know that there are only limited stock but they are available nation wide, Pitstop Newmarket know all about them though as they are more of a Performance outlet if the brach you talk to doesn't know about them (which is highly likely) get them to call the Newmarket Branch and speak to me (lance)

The rear muffler on my 330 is a stainless japanese brand (JASMA). Apparently very good - and looks good too, but it's drones at normal round town driving speeds. I've been told I've got two options, live with it - and turn the stereo up or drive faster, or fit the standard rear muffler at $1082 + GST + Fitting.

I am interested to hear that you have found an alternative. Could we meet up sometime? I would like to have a look and a listen. I take it you work at Pitstop in Newmarket? Is the car there during the day?

LNPSBMER thanks for the info.

David, the drone or raspy noise you get from some mufflers is what I am concearned about as well, I have had this problem is the past. On my old car which was a Honda Accord SiR I imported a DTM style muffler from Ebay which ended up being a very good price. The muffler looked great but was very loud. I got rid of the muffler and purchased a TRR twin loop muffler from FBI which made a difference straight away. These muffers are not much louder than factory.

I would like to go go for a DTM Muffler again but do not want to compromise the sound of my BMW, i.e I don't want it to soud like a honda. :D So I am kind of at the middle of the road, do you get what you pay for or are these DTM mufflers quite loud.

Has anyone got any feed back on their DTM Style Muffler?

David from my understanding JASMA is a Japanese testing standard kind of like what the Land and transport set out in NZ. JASMA is not a brand but some sought of standard or spec the muffler has met in japan regarding sound and exhaust fumes emmison, it seems that these JASMA rated mufflers all look the same and are quite commen on WRX' s and EVO's. I think I am right but someone correct if I have lost the plot.

Edited by E30SIX

Guest Andrew

David, the drone or raspy noise you get from some mufflers is what I am concearned about as well, I have had this problem is the past. On my old car which was a Honda Accord SiR I imported a DTM style muffler from Ebay which ended up being a very good price. The muffler looked great but was very loud. I got rid of the muffler and purchased a TRR twin loop muffler from FBI which made a difference straight away. These muffers are not much louder than factory.

I would like to go go for a DTM Muffler again but do not want to compromise the sound of my BMW, i.e I don't want it to soud like a honda. :D So I am kind of at the middle of the road, do you get what you pay for or are these DTM mufflers quite loud.

Has anyone got any feed back on their DMT Muffler?

David from my understanding JASMA is a Japanese testing standard kind of like what the Land and transport set out in NZ. JASMA is not a brand but some sought of standard or spec the muffler has met in japan regarding sound and exhaust fumes emmison, it seems that these JASMA rated mufflers all look the same and are quite commen on WRX' s and EVO's. I think I am right but someone correct if I have lost the plot.

do you mean DTM as a brand - or the style?

I would like to go go for a DTM Muffler again but do not want to compromise the sound of my BMW, i.e I don't want it to soud like a honda. :D  So I am kind of at the middle of the road, do you get what you pay for or are these DTM mufflers quite loud.

Has anyone got any feed back on their DMT Muffler?

do you mean DTM as a brand - or the style?
Sorry, I mean DTM Style mufflers.

there is nothing wrong with the DTM style mufflers, it all really comes down to what sort of look/sound you yourself is after,

Hey there. The droning you guys are getting is due to the lack of resistance in the exhaust. Resistance in there causes the sound waves to bounce back and waves that are alike cancel each other out.

You can try fitting a high flow resonator somewhere along the line. Seems a shame to chop bits out of a new exhaust though.

fitting a high flow resinator is an option but whether or not it will work depends on what else in fitted through the system, a drone can be caused simply from fitting a different rear muffler which doesn't have the capability or quality to allow free flow and low noise volume, if you fit a muffler such as this to your car most of the tim there will be no room to add another resinator to the system, therefore the only solution is to replace the rear muffler.