Sign in to follow this  
ScD

E60 Coupe Photo

This is sh*t.

New 2 or 4 series? WTF are they thinking?

Oh looksie here we go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 X Z aren't we cool? I think it is unique to BMW to have 1,3,5,7,8 X, Z.

And WTF is up with a 5 series coupe. Thats not right. BMW have never had a 5 series coupe, they are the middle class BMW's, you don't turn them into 2 door sports cars.

Is it just me or is BMW turning into "Pump out as many cars as we can, In order to get as much money as we can, while decreasing the build quality and R&D on our vehicles, while also recalling back many cars, pissing all of our Engineers off, and losing money to pay them to work overtime"

Bah, mofos. Im converting

And WTF is up with a 5 series coupe. Thats not right. BMW have never had a 5 series coupe, they are the middle class BMW's, you don't turn them into 2 door sports cars.

called the 6 series

So, are the e90 coupes and convertibles be actually 4-series? (425i, M4, etc..)

Can't wait for the 9-series....

Yeah those mirrors are heinous. If ya ask me they had it perfect with the E36 M3 mirrors.

Is it just me or is that coupe starting to look more & more like the Peugeot 406 coupe?

I like it, not quite as pretty as the new 6, but once BMW puts some pumped out arches on it, some monster intakes on the front, a rear boot spoiler, a V8 with 4 exhaust outlets in it, and some 19's or 20's on it you will all be drooling!

Double edit: Right, enough with the ranting sh*t at BMW. Time to think logically.

To be honest I think BMW should put more manpower into current model development at R&D, rather than developing a lot of new {probably useless}concepts.

After reading around the web for a while looking at BMW's current concepts, I think they are just trying to prove how much technology they've got. Half of these concepts that they are developing aren't going to turn into production models anyway. Sure, They are developing new technology for future cars etc, and I'm not really one to criticise BMW, but this is just my opinion.

BMW should be using their R&D department on tweaking and perfecting iDrive, because iDrive has been heavily criticised for being "too bloody complicated".

This is probably why the Mercedes S-Class sales are up on the 7 series

S-Class is the world’s best-selling luxury sedan

already the new S- Class is taking over the 7 series sales, and it has only been realeased in the last six months.

This is probably partly due to how complicated iDrive is to use. I haven't used it myself, But I have spoken to a few people that have used it and thought its complicated.

We test drove a car with the iDrive - it appeared to be one of those "bells and whistles" type of things. I figured if you learned how to use it - it would make sense and you would probably use it more often. But to a person who was just testing the car - it was an awkward item. I would describe it as a "magic button" for operating everything in the car.

So, If anyone takes the time to read this post and put forward their opinion on this matter, It'd be appreciated, Just to see what everyone else thinks.

On a side note, I was reading at work on the notice board that Pavorotti threw a mental because he had a 7 series chaffeuring him around New Zealand (His tour was sponsored by BMW NZ) He wanted a S-Class "Like I had in Australia".

He said that the tour would be over if he didn't get his S-Class. So he got his S Class after a few frantic phone calls.

Up himself little prick.

Edited by BMW POWER

This is probably why the Mercedes S-Class sales are up on the 7 series

My recollection was that this has always been the case - the S class has a loonnnggg history of being regarded as "the best car in the world", dating back at least as far as the 80's. Probably longer.

Up himself little prick.

I don't think "little" is a word I would ever use to describe Pavarotti.

On the whole I think I agree - BMW do seem to be going down the track Mercedes did in the 90's, spending to much time on gadgets. At least BMW's (by all accounts) still drive superbly.

The current flame surfaced generation of cars are beautiful. Sure in lower trim specs they can look a little funny, but that is a fact of life (and product marketing)

BMW are working with a stratergy called punctuated equilibrium. Witness the latest Korean cars and the similarity to current/recent Audi and you will understand.

Witness:

post-2-1137640826.gif