Sign in to follow this  
E30SIX

BMW badge removal

I have done a search but could not find anything since this is really basic I imagine.

My BMW badge on my front bonnet is looking rather worn and has lost the BMW symbol, I have purchased a genuine OEM badge ( so the guy claims ) from trade me which is for the E36. (I have a E36 )

How do I remove the original badge and fit the new one, do I need any specific tools or am I better getting a pannel shop to help? :blush:

Cheers guys.

Edited by E30SIX

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply.

Did you use the rubber gromments mentioned in the link you provided below, I have got a new badge but have no idea about where to get the gromets from.

Did you even use groments or did you use the original ones?

Thanks again,

Blair. :D

I didnt use the rubber grommets as they werent provided, I would have thought they provide them if they were necessary. It was still a tight fit without hte grommets so im guessing its pretty water tight anyway.

Edited by E30stz

You'd want the gromets. The old ones should still be ok - we just replaced badge on brothers e30 and they were still in good condition.

its a bit of a mission especially if its glued down with silicon like mine was but not worth paying someone to do it! just make sure u use something soft to take it off without damaging your paint!