Sign in to follow this  
E36MSport

New tyres Vs. ABS light E60

Long story short someone in the family introduced our 545i along a stretch of curb and ground the lip down on one of the wheels. I decided to order a set off of a newer 6 series that is the same size and offset. The new wheels came with tyres that are just a bit too big for the front although they look great on the rear, 255 45 R18.

I was just about to drive it up to the tyre shop to get some new fronts installed and my ABS warning came on along with the tyre pressure monitor. This doesn't really surprise me due to the mismatched sizes front to rear but it got me thinking. If I leave the 255 45 R18s on the rear and go with a 245 45 R18 in the front will I continue to have this light or can it be reset? These would be slightly taller than the factory tyre size of 245 40 R18.

My preference would be to go with the taller tyre as it looks a lot better on the car however if the ABS cannot be adjusted to compensate for it then I don't really have a choice. Does anyone have any input on this situation or has anyone put a different tyre height on an E60 successfully?

its possibly due to an actual puncture if the tps system has illuminated.Try a reset on the tps once you have either fixed or eliminated a puncture as a cause.

Yeah so TPS will reset but the ABS is still throwing a code after about a K. Anyone need a set of 255/45R18 Nexen N3000 like new as it looks like I'll be switching back to factory spec.