Sign in to follow this  
Ged

e36 electric roof and other things. New Car

Guys

First post here and delighted to find the forum. Sorry for the long post. Have several questions needing answered.Had several bmw's in the UK and just bought a 325i convertible 1994 here. It's a hong kong import. Everything working fine but one query about the roof.

I twist the handle and push it up at the front as as i high as I can and then press the button on the console to lower. Everything is fine and the back of the car opens, the rear of the roof (plastic window ) lifts / folds in preparation to go into the boot but as it does this the front of the roof drops about 4 to 6 inches back towards the car. At this point everything just stops and the roof hangs there. I need to push the front back up to engage the process again. I am presuming something is worn or is there adjustment I can get a garage to make. This is my first convertible but I remember a friends identical 3 series in the UK. Once he pushed up the roof initially then everything worked from that point.

I am desperate to find a copy of an owners manual in english or at best push a breakdown of all the lights on the dashboard. There are a few I don't recognise. Any clues as to how I can get one.

The heater control cover ( the one you unclip after undoing 2 screws behind the air speed and air direction knobs) has the black plastic on the front coming off. I aim to try and superglue this back in place but am not sure of the success rate. I've searched in vain on the web to try and see what a new one costs but can't locate one anywhere. Where do you guys place orders online for parts?

Thanks again

Ged

Guys

First post here and delighted to find the forum. Sorry for the long post. Have several questions needing answered.Had several bmw's in the UK and just bought a 325i convertible 1994 here. It's a hong kong import. Everything working fine but one query about the roof.

I twist the handle and push it up at the front as as i high as I can and then press the button on the console to lower. Everything is fine and the back of the car opens, the rear of the roof (plastic window ) lifts / folds in preparation to go into the boot but as it does this the front of the roof drops about 4 to 6 inches back towards the car. At this point everything just stops and the roof hangs there. I need to push the front back up to engage the process again. I am presuming something is worn or is there adjustment I can get a garage to make. This is my first convertible but I remember a friends identical 3 series in the UK. Once he pushed up the roof initially then everything worked from that point.

I am desperate to find a copy of an owners manual in english or at best push a breakdown of all the lights on the dashboard. There are a few I don't recognise. Any clues as to how I can get one.

The heater control cover ( the one you unclip after undoing 2 screws behind the air speed and air direction knobs) has the black plastic on the front coming off. I aim to try and superglue this back in place but am not sure of the success rate. I've searched in vain on the web to try and see what a new one costs but can't locate one anywhere. Where do you guys place orders online for parts?

Thanks again

Ged

TradeMe is your best bet for a english manual, they are in quite high demand.

Thanks for the relpy.

Regarding the manual. Picked up a new one from Christchurch BMW for about $38.

Was a bit gobsmacked when he disappeared through the back and came out with it!

Any clues on the roof ??? :wacko: