Sign in to follow this  
E30SIX

Mags from Ebay.com

Has anyone purchased mags from ebay.com or overseas , they seem to be quite well price including shipping and the nz exchange rate. There is a really great selection to choose from.

I know ebay is a seller by seller bases so not everyone on there is the same or reptuable as each other but I am more concearned about the shipping of the mags. How safe is this, can you get insurance and how much would it cost roughly?

when i was lookin it was a basic cost of US$130 per cubic metre(or part threreoff) in a container through a freight forward agent.There odf course will be shipping from where the wheels are to the ports agriculture,customs maybe gst etc etc etc.....look in the yellow pages for an international freight forwarder /customs agent.....

Edited by kiwi535

you WILL be reamed on shipping. prob cost more in shipping than in actual product.

Man, you are right on that!

I buy stuff ex USA quite often and the shipping really bites!!

All that said, I can still land stuff I want for about half NZ price.

go for it then

i got all my motorbike gear for around 2.2k shipped from the states (incl insurance etc) although i didnt get hit at customs for the 12.5% bull.. if i got the same gear here in NZ it was around 3.5 and i would have had to wait 4 months for my jacket to get in, and they didnt supply the pants i wanted!!

I used to work for a freight forwarding company and to say you will be creamed is an understatement.

They will screw you so badly its not funny. Not only that but they know you will be a one off so will most likely do bugger to help should something go wrong.

Having said that, its always a decent risk to take if you will save against the NZ price. Im constantly stunned at what parts cost over here and have regularly had things sent over from the UK and Germany.

I wouldnt trust the US though. Ive never had an ebay purchase go smoothly, they are such a bunch of rip-off artists.