Sign in to follow this  
Chris_guy

318i Yo

i did it on purpose calm down :P so do you have an mtech 1 wing for me?

Just as well....I am always calm, I am a Zen Master.

No sorry, no wings here.

ive been told 290 +gst new

id rather try make one thats a tad expensive for a bit of plastic

ALso whats shadowlining i is be a noob yo

team mc millan bmw in new market sell em for $190 + gst new

Enjoy your 318 Chris, will be looking forward to seeing how you customise it. In my opinion, its best not to go over the top with large wheels and wings. Shadowlining is basically when you get rid of the chrome surronding your windows. Usually with satin black paint. It was a factory option at one point. Just remember if you are going to do it, take your time and do it well. The basic points are:

1. Remove the trim that you can carefully without bending it. If you cant or dont want to remove it, mask everything well with a good quality masking tape.

2. Make sure you take off the chrome finish with a fine metal sandpaper so none of the shine remains.

3. Use an etching primer for the first coat or two, and let that dry for a good few hours. If you mask anything, be careful that the paint doesnt stick to the masking tape - better to remove it after painting and remask again when dry.

4. Opinion is divided on what looks best. I used satin black (dulux) as it tends to weather better than matt

5. Spray 2 -3 good top coats of a high quality paint. Dont be tempted to buy the cheaper stuff from the warehouse. The difference in price between rubbish and great is only about 6- 8 bucks a can.

6. Let the top coats dry for a day or so before touching it - the paint needs time to harden. - Dont wash your car for a week after painting.

7. I found the best way to get trim back on and into place if you removed it is with a small plastic ended hammer and it doesnt leave marks on the paint.

Hope that helps.

ledgend if only everyone on here was as helpful.nah i wouldnt go any larger then 16" for mags anyway also toyo have just made some street legal race tyres i wanna try out and there 16's so thats another reason

thanks for the help btw thats awesome

do all motorsports come out standard shadowlined?

anyone got and sugestions for mags??