Sign in to follow this  
bem-on

pimp my rim continues

Hay guys I have a big problem.

When powder coating the wheels the center cap was left on and im guessing that it heat expanded in the oven and is now stuck on.

So far I have tried clamping the big bolt in a vice and turning it like a crank but the only thing that moved was the vice that is bolted down on the work bench real good. Any ideas on how I may unscrew it off or am I screwed. On the flip side they came out mint as. 5 hours of polishing on each rim :wacko:

cheers contear

post-8-1139566553.jpg

A vice is hard core man, and it didn't budge?

Well - try the reverse. Get hold of some dry ice pellets and put them all over the center cap ( with insulation ) for a while whilst you go and play with dry ice bombs. Hopefully it will get that sucker out.

yeah i think im going to lose sleep on this one. my mate that works at powder coaters said to chuck them back in the oven and see if it will come off when hot.

All sorted. I think they came out real good and was worth the effort. Still need to put the bolts back on and give them a quick rub down

post-8-1139616519.jpg

Edited by bem-on

holly sh*t they will look awesome! im doing the same look with some 16inch ac mags i have.

Guest Andrew

All sorted. I think they came out real good and was worth the effort. Still need to put the bolts back on and give them a quick rub down

look very good -

would recommend a wheel shop put the bolts in as it has a major effect on the straightness of the wheel.