Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

Suspension

Alright, i just sold my wheels, and now want to upgrade me suspension befoe a buy another set.

I want it to stay at the same height (quite low) becuase then i dont have to re-cert it all.

I was thinking gettting new or use exsisting shocks, and shorten them as my ones have already been checked as having no leaks,

and buying some jamex ?? or something springs and compressing them to the same height as my exsisting ones?

I want it to be low!! but better than whats in it now.

At the monent its standard compressd springs and monrue gas shocks.

Help me!!

I have only got about 900 to spend or less if it can be done....

Go for Bilstein Sports as from memory they are suitable for lowered suspension and will control your spring rebound and compression much better. get em from Turner Motorsport (US) and you will spend around 550 - 600 NZD landed. I wouldnt bother buying Jamex springs or any other decent springs for that matter as they will probably be ruined by shortening.

Edited by ducatiss

Koni SA's are shorter than the bilstein sport's.

Don't bother replacing the springs if you are just going to ruin then by compressing them.

If you are running "super low" you should be using shocks with shorter bodies (not just stroke) so you still have sufficient suspension travel to be safe!!!

That means getting your struts shortened and shocks sized to suit, and if you are going to that much effort you should just run coilovers with good spings, not compressed garbage springs.

would having bilstien sports with compressed springs wreck the bilstiens as the springs are not a hard rate spring???

what sort of prices are we talking for konis? are the konis already shortened or do i have to pay more money to do that? how about the bilstiens?

Yes, Koni's are expensive - think $$$$ There seem to be a hell of a lot of ppl on here looking for great suspension for the cheapest price - great and cheap simply dont work well together!

bilsteins a grand ish

konis 1300ish

jamex 50mm are low enough man, either that or get some custom springs made up.

choose your spring rate etc, and your height, way better than compressed jamex.

snells springs do it in auckland.