Sign in to follow this  
danutt

best setup advice

got a 318i its auto but im keepin it

ive got a pod filter in the bumper as a cold air intake

better exhaust which is less restrictive

im looking to do sum more to it just you know for a lil more byte

would changing the intake to a short ram with a heat shield be better?

headers or cam gear?

does advanced timing help that much or should i retard it for torque down low?

considering taking the cat out this week would that help?sound nice?too loud? WOF? or is there a power gain of sum sort

sum help or answers are gladly appreciated thanx :mosh:

A manual 318 as oppose to an Auto 318 produces much much better performance as far as I've seen.

Headers and cam gear would be rather pointless I believe as the cost involved doesnt justify the output you'd be getting.

a 318 =105hp if u get a 2.5 straght six 325i=170hp not much point in spending alot of money on 318 but if u put a turbo on and did some internal work port and pollish ect u might get some HP but still might be less than the 325i and also get a manual

was jsut asking wat setup would be best thats wat im doing and yea petrol is expensive especially as much a s i drive so

short ram with heat shield or cai in bumper?

headers or cam?

cat in or out?

will it still get wof and how loud would that be

thanx

cai in bumper has a chance of getting wet now its winter, short ram and sheild would be the win.

headers first.

cat out!

thanx thats exactly wat i was asking so with the cat removal just str8 piping maybe thicker??

can it still get wof?

will it be very loud or droning

will move intake 2moro

thanx

Advancing the Cam improves low down torque[bMW Vanos retards to help starting,then advances for low RPM,then retards at about 3000 rpm] short intake runners & exhaust primaries are for High Rpm [high rpm=less time between pulses=short runners] most hp gains with headers are through open exhaust [they usually have different duration on the exhaust cam lobes to help scavenging] Get a bigger engine, its pushing the same weight car so it shouldn't use much more gas than standard.

what do you want .. seriously ? a fast auto ? quick off the line ? something that sounds good ? something that can overtake ? something you can have fun in ? please specify.

If your wanting to pull out more performance .. your not going to be able to feel much with having a 318 auto engine.

If you answered yes to many of those .. your probably best finding a Auto 325

Edited by E30stz