Sign in to follow this  
Gweedo

Brake Light Circuit - Check Owner's Manual

Hey... just wondering if anyone can help me. I was driving on the mortorway this morning and "check control" started flashing on the display. I looked down at the computer on the centre console and it read "Brake Light Circuit - Check Owner's Manual". I have done a search on google and it apparently means I have to change the brake light switch mounted on a bracket behind the brake pedal. Do any of you know where I can pick one up and the reason for the error message in the first place?

Guest Andrew

then there is no problem? Sure ALL of them are working (all three at the back?)

I'm positive that all three are working. I read somwhere on the net that the error message usually appears when one of your bulbs is still working but on its way out... giving you time to replace it.

I'll just wait and see what happens. If the bulb blows, I'll get a new one and if it doesn't blow but the error continues I'll try find a new brake light switch.

this message on an e 34 quite often IS related to the brake light switch....wether thats any help i dont know.My switch was about $80 at the dealer.In the first instance see if you can pull the switch out(wedge the brake pedal down somehow) and blast ti with crc or something...worked for a while for me(on my e34)

Again on my car the brake light warning is different,there isnt any reference to the circuit,just <brake light>

Edited by kiwi535