Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Bonnet Pins

Hey guys just wondeing if any one has had any experiences with these, ive had my bonnet off as my car is off the road for a few months and have notcied it is a f**k load easier to work on the engine with the bonnet off and bonnet pins would make taking the bonnet off an easier job.

Is there any good/bad brands quality wise? Any reccomenations?

Cheers

Chris

undesirable people can get into easier also.. not recommended for a road car.. or is it really just for show?..

undesirable people can get into easier also..

Good point, may as well stick to un bolting the hinges -_-

Good point, may as well stick to un bolting the hinges -_-

or undo the bonnet stay and it opens all the way - just put something there to protect the grill.

still a pain in the arse though, i like to be able to access the engine from the front of the car, its just so much easier, god knows why BMW made their e30 bonnets open backwards........ Maybe a cheap fast and efficient cooling idea? open the bonnet at 120 k's when you motor is hot and it wont fly open, just suck in a whole pile of air :P

Guest Andrew

still a pain in the arse though, i like to be able to access the engine from the front of the car, its just so much easier, god knows why BMW made their e30 bonnets open backwards........ Maybe a cheap fast and efficient cooling idea? open the bonnet at 120 k's when you motor is hot and it wont fly open, just suck in a whole pile of air :P

there isn't really anything that needs to be accessed from the front.