Sign in to follow this  
Jammasterjames

E36 takes it to the playa haters

Sup y'all.

I was visiting my old man in Waikato Hospital (couple of bullet wounds, nothing too serious, east side mo fo's tryn' get up on this...) when I read this article in the waikato times:

Put David Hunter behind the wheel of his supercharged BMW, give him the right place and the right time - and this is what happens.

If you've ever wondered what is the point of a tyre-shredding, asphalt-wrecking, potentially car-ruining burnout, Hunter has the answer.

"It's just for fun," the Auckland plasterer said after a burnout demonstration at the 2006 National Motorshow at Mystery Creek on Saturday. "I like the feeling of being in control of a car that looks like it is out of control." Mr Hunter, 38, was happy with his burnout efforts at Mystery Creek. The secret of a successful burnout is to keep moving. "Anybody can sit there, but you have got to have a bit of style. It comes down to how you have your car set up. You don't need horsepower but it is best to get rid of your back brakes so you can hold the car with front brakes."

The tyres on his supercharged 1992 BMW E36 350 coupe are supplied by Imex Tyres these days. They were previously tyre shop discards. Mr Hunter has been burning out competitively for six years.

"You have to keep it (the car) cool. If the cooling system is shot, it won't last very long at all."

More than 13,000 people attended the show.

....know there's a few E36 haters out there, but its all about the mad styles m.f. !!

:ph34r::ph34r: This car is Ninja! :ph34r::ph34r:

post-18-1142938846.jpg

Guest Spargo

sh*t ***** those east side fools trying to cut in on your old mans crack slinging turf, I heard your old man popped a cap in their asses so much he was all up in their grille.

ill be all like ***** you aint up on this

MAd pHat drIVing STZ :mosh:

Looks like one crazy E36, any specs? <_<