Sign in to follow this  
318 g ride

e30 sr20 conversion

hey fullas. does anybody have experience in putting an sr20det into an E30 318 prefacelift? im looking to do embark on my 1st engine transplant and would like as much advice as possible. any help would be highly appreciated.

theres a guy on here thats halfway through doing it, can't remember his name.

theres a guy that has done it on the australian section of dtmpower.net, and I think someone on eurocca.net has done it, know theres someone halfway on a ca18det swap on there. browse those forums anyhow, the guy on dtmpower.net has his own site on the swap, im sure someone on here must have it.

hey im the guy thats half way thru doing that conversion. mine is a facelift model tho.

hope you have a bit of money saved up coz you will definatly need it.

biggest problem iv had is the brake booster being in the way. all sorted now tho.

engine and gearbox fits like a glove. minor modification to the mounts and your away.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=5592

^^^ link to my conversion. i will post new pics up within the next few days of the brake setup etc. my setup is different to all the other ones iv seen that have done the conversion, you will look at it and go WTF lol :D