Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

E60 Project

First thanks aja540i, the measurements provided enabled me to do some cutting and fitting.

With the measurement provided I managed to take this

IMG_3860.jpg

And turn it into this, Yep retrofitting heads up display into a E60

IMG_3899.jpg

So with the lockdown it has been a perfect opportunity to carry out some planned project, first I had to strip out the interior and remove the dash top

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

The '04 E60 with adaptive headlights has a control module in behind the glovebox for the adaptive function, well I removed that module and fitted a LM2 which incorporates the adaptive functions into the Light module. The advantages of this is that the LM2 supports Angle Eye daytime running lights, programable welcome lights, cornering fog lights and also LED taillights.

inv_006708_02__42249_1524093840.jpg

To fit this I needed to remove the dash support tube to gain access to the wiring harness and pull several wires back through the harness that went from the drivers side all the way over to the passengers side for the AHL module, I also had to extend two wires from the passengers side to the light module.

Here goes the support tube.

IMG_3894.jpg

While I had the interior stripped out I also ran all the speaker wires for the Logic 7 system and the wires for the heads up display, I also ran a most cable from the front to the back and across to the HUD.

IMG_3896.jpg

Some of the things left to do are crimp the terminals onto all the wires, transfer the sub, power and earth wires from the old amp plug to the Logic 7 plug and run some Fakra cables for the CIC upgrade.

IMG_3897.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_BMW