Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Would this work?

Click Here

Was looking through trademe, saw this lovely looking V12 engine. I know that a V12 E30 has been done before, if anyone has info on gearbox (manual) and another things i should know post em up :D

Go to e30zone.co.uk, register for the forums and look in the engine swaps/forced induction forum - there is a guy putting this engine in an E30 wagon, hooked up to an 850 6 speed gearbox. Had a few issues along the way (stuffed camshaft, first gearbox was lunched), and hence getting pretty pricey from the sounds of it, but cool nonetheless. My guess would be good luck finding an 850 gearbox floating around NZ.

Used the V12 Auto bellhousing, Machine up an adapter plate [this helps get everything centered]use a tilton or quartermaster hydraulic throwout bearing, Use a Tremec 5 speed. [This was how most Lexus V8's are adapted to manuals before aftermarket bellhousing were made for them] Chuck the V12 in, it'll be a good project [they sell for less than $1500 in the US] use headers into twin exhausts with a proper exhaust equalizer [it'll sound like an F1 car when it's screaming]

I reakon that V12 would be great in a e34....550....

Not much difference to a 540 I guess though, a bit more torque?

I guess it would fit easily enough!

Edited by bezzal

the v12 has massive tourque.....

Max power: 300bhp / 220kw @ 5300rpm

Max torque: 450 Nm @ 4000rpm

very similar power to the v8 but the tourque......look on the net there are guys throwing these engines into all sorts of things....

course you could always look for a S70B56

Edited by kiwi535

always been keen to slide one into the E28, would be good for a laugh. But yuh, maitanence issues on V12? Heard they're fairly unreliable engines.

But yuh, maitanence issues on V12? Heard they're fairly unreliable engines.

Bollox to that Sparkle, if treated properly they are fcuking bomb proof.

My V12 had less issues in two years of ownership than any other car Ive ever had, even with well over 125k miles on the clock.

yuh i was turned away from an e32 750 because of rumoured electrics, and trans probs...

kinda gutting if that's only hearsay, missed a mean car! not to worry....

e30 750 would be fun, although there's perhaps a lot better engines to explore....

yuh i was turned away from an e32 750 because of rumoured electrics, and trans probs...

kinda gutting if that's only hearsay, missed a mean car! not to worry....

Its unfortunate that such a great car has got such a bad reputation. But I'd definately consider a v12 again, just like any car....make sure its been looked after.

There is no denying that if something goes wrong it can cost big money to fix (especially as there is two of everything) and hence twice the chance of something going wrong, but for driving you just cant beat it.

Today I would like to present a completely special vehicle, the E30 from Robert Stelzenberger.

This is not a "usual" 3er, separated from the avearge 3 series by a V12.

In my view, A unique German.

From the outside, It is inconspicuous, however, under the bonnet sits the V12.

The "master" wanted profound technical details, he constructed the vehicle him self.

A very rare ALPINA is in this vehicle (!!!) a V12 engine block. This creates 257 KW which corresponds to 350 HP.

The engine was still easily modified according to Robert.

During the power transmission one seized on evaluative parts,from 850 CSI back and like it heard a six-speed box fit itself in. The cardan shaft used remains Robert's secret.

In order to be able to transfer the enormous forces to the road, the complete rear axle of a M Roadster found a new home.

This is possible, because the Z3 roadster on the E30 platform is based in principle.

In addition M5 (E34) rims were drawn up in the dimension 9x17.

Chassis from a E36 was installed. In order to get the cart-load again for standing, since also the weight on the front axle added considerably, the chassis from a E36 M3 3.2L was added.

This brake is manufactured in the so-called Compound technology, the one better heat dissipation and thus higher stability to guarantee.

For space reasons the brake booster from the 750i (H31-Anlage) is used.

Of course the exhaust system is not compatible to the E30. Also this problem loosened Robert , he did a hand-made exhaust system.

The change time amounts to eight months and was finished in September 2000.

The question about the handling and performance: Robert answers with "nothing for beginners"!

Edited by BMW POWER

Today I would like to present a completely special vehicle, the E30 from Robert Stelzenberger.

This is not a "usual" 3er, separated from the avearge 3 series by a V12.

In my view, A unique German.

From the outside, It is inconspicuous, however, under the bonnet sits the V12.

The "master" wanted profound technical details, he constructed the vehicle him self.

A very rare ALPINA is in this vehicle (!!!) a V12 engine block. This creates 257 KW which corresponds to 350 HP.

The engine was still easily modified according to Robert.

During the power transmission one seized on evaluative parts,from 850 CSI back and like it heard a six-speed box fit itself in. The cardan shaft used remains Robert's secret.

In order to be able to transfer the enormous forces to the road, the complete rear axle of a M Roadster found a new home.

This is possible, because the Z3 roadster on the E30 platform is based in principle.

In addition M5 (E34) rims were drawn up in the dimension 9x17.

Chassis from a E36 was installed. In order to get the cart-load again for standing, since also the weight on the front axle added considerably, the chassis from a E36 M3 3.2L was added.

This brake is manufactured in the so-called Compound technology, the one better heat dissipation and thus higher stability to guarantee.

For space reasons the brake booster from the 750i (H31-Anlage) is used.

Of course the exhaust system is not compatible to the E30. Also this problem loosened Robert , he did a hand-made exhaust system.

The change time amounts to eight months and was finished in September 2000.

The question about the handling and performance: Robert answers with "nothing for beginners"!

Now that is good England