Sign in to follow this  
Starris

E91 Idrive not working

Hi,
My Idrive system seems to be playing up and the menus are all different to what they are meant to be like. When I first start the car the menu looks normal with the labels saying "climate, Entertainment, Navigation and Communication" but within a few seconds it changes to say "AC, AV, NAVI, and TEL". this wouldn't normally upset me but when I select one of these options the follow on screens aren't as they are meant to be either. They have limited options compared to normal and won't let me select some things. 

I have tried rebooting the drive system and it goes back to normal for a few seconds before reverting to this.

Any ideas on what I should be doing?

Thanks

2007 325i touring

IMG_2691.HEIC IMG_2690.HEIC

57 minutes ago, F10er said:

Have had this issue before on Jap imports that have been converted to NZ. Try navigating to the language selection in the idrive and select English UK. Has worked for me. Let us know if it works.

So I actually disconnected the battery and left it for 30 min or so. reconnected and the issue went away. however the next time I turned the car on the issue came back. 

I have just now done as you said and changed the language to English UK and the issue resolved itself immediately. Thanks!

Hopefully this isn't another short term fix.

Appreciate the advice
Thanks heaps.

24 minutes ago, F10er said:

No worries. I think the issue is caused by the battery being in poor condition. Does the clock in the car keep resetting? If so i would replace the battery. 

Yeah actually it does. Would that explain why my key fob doesn't unlock my doors too? please say yes haha

42 minutes ago, F10er said:

No unfortunately. That would most likely be the fob itself or broken wires in the tailgate. The wiring for the radio receiver for the central locking runs right next to the tailgate hinge in a corrugated rubber boot and flexes everytime the tailgate is opened and then ends up breaking the wires over time. It can also effect the number plate lights and other lights in the tailgate.  Do both keys not work? 

ahh bummer. yeah both fobs are not working. I've replaced the batteries in both. still nothing. This seems like a bigger job than getting a new battery.