Sign in to follow this  
DCEIVN

Wheels on E28

Hey Guys,

I have lined up a set of BBS Style 5 rims in 18x8 ET20 and 18x9 ET22. I know the front ones will fit but I am unsure about the width of the rear. Anyone help me out? I also got the 17" option to go for just in case but the price difference is so small I figured might as well go 18"

Cheers

Sorry cant really help with the offsets, but I would still go for the 17''. tyres are alot cheaper. And i think 18'' would look abit OTT maby

its going to look awesome regardless :D

Go for the 18s. the 9" rim should just fit, ive tried 9s on the back of mine, only a very very small amount between the rim and the c/member, but enough, so should be sweet, As long as you run 235s on the back you shouldnt rub from what Ive heard. 225 on the front with an 8" should be ok.

Im guessing youve got another set of wheels to run on manfeild? 15" e34 weaves are perfect I reckon. Chuck some common 15" race rubber on them and its all sweet.

But yuh, interested to see how badass this is gonna look udit.

Hey Cam,

Yeah Im going to run my 16" Hockenheims on Manfield (just coz I got them)... havent checked out the price of race rubber so if it is cheaper on 15s I might look out for some weaves... Otherwise its the 18s for show and 16s for track.

nah, all good, will hopefully get a lil bit of slight stretch look going if anythin :D

the 9s that i tryed out are running 225s on them at the mo, theyre ok, a bit too narrow though. Anything bigger than a 235 will rub on the back of an e28, anything bigger than a 225 on the front will rub. apparently.

Tuff. Will look good, and im sparkle dude, not cam, only my family call me that.

my bad, u introd urself to me as cam at manfield... all good :mosh:

Tuff. Will look good, and im sparkle dude, not cam, only my family call me that.

my bad, u introd urself to me as cam at manfield... all good :mosh:

really? must have been a first, usually intro as sparkle, anyway!

how far are you away from gettin the wheels? Are you goin str8 through the stealer? You prolly already know to run the e38 wheels rather than the e39 ones because of the different size hub right?

I have 17 x 8-1/2" ET15 BBS RK wheels with 235/45 Pirelli P7000 tyres on my E28. No problem up front, however the rears can sometimes slightly rub the sidewall of the tyre against the inner mudguard under hard cornering if the road surface is uneven. For 18" wheels with 235 width tyres you would need 35 profile to keep the rolling radius near (slightly under) stock. Regarding looks the 17s on mine look big, not sure that I would like to go any bigger.

Rod

Udit

Here is what the 17" BBS RK wheels look like on the E28. Next thing I intend to do is lower the car about 1" to 1.5", however the tyres you see are 235/45 and in hindsight 235/40 would have been better.

Rod

post-8-1147066670.jpg