Sign in to follow this  
Nimma

Blitzsafe BMW Mlink Ipod adapter review

I have just received my Blitzsafe ipod adapter from Enfig Car stereo in the states. This interface goes in place of the standard CD changer and allows you to connect the at ipod line level through the dock connector to the factory stereo.

Although it charges the ipod, you cannot use stereo or steering wheel controls to skip tracks nor does it display the song playing on the radio (like the Denison Icelink). Since I do not have steering wheel controls and prefer the display/controls of my video ipod, this is ideal and provides CD quality sounds (depending on the quality of your MP3s).

at $US70 ($US90 including 3-5 shipping to NZ = 150 NZ pesos) it is probably the cheapest decent ipod interface with line level quality. You do need some sort of mounting solution though.

Overall pretty stoked :pimp: , here is the link if you are interested, these guys offer good service and the best price:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/stor...l/BMW_IPOD.html

They have option for standard and DSP radios based on Alpine/Becker design - late E36s and e46s from what I understand.

They got anything for a '94 E36 ? Maybe i'll just stick to the iTrip..

Oh and as far as i knew the NZ currency was not in pesos? But if you'd prefer it to only cost 150 pesos im very keen :D