Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade

i thought i would try something this time round...as an alternative to the e32 750 MC

(d.25mm) which is hardish to find, i gave the e28 one a go. its about 23.xmm (i think same size as e30 m3),

so not as big, but should work well for those running larger calipers or even on stock to

firm it up a little. the only catch is it only bolts straight into ABS cars..the e30 non-ABS

have three hoses in total coming out the master cylinder as opposed to the ABS two.

I imagine these could be joined but it defeats the simple swap purpose I was going for.

Will take pics and have a review on braking when the car back in one piece.

I got mine from Ray at Bavarian Motors (royz on trademe). Not sure of his Ph number

(someone else can post it up) but I believe he should have a few lying around

Hi Gus,

Had the same prob with fitting the 25mm MC will take some pics and post. But I just got a T fitting and split the front line works sweet, all certified etc.

23mm MC is prob better as 25 makes locking the fronts up very easy, I've put a Wilwood prop valve in to wind it back abit.

cheers Matt

i have ABS...so it was very very easy!

For those interested in the 25mm MC I emailed Don McAdams from McAdamsAutoSport to get an idea on prices.

He says:

Hi Ash-

2 options here- The OEM BMW master cylinder lists for ($398!) your price would be $330. I can also source an OE part made by ATE (exact same as the dealer piece, just does not have the Roundel stamped into it, also not packaged in a BMW box)- this piece is $155.

The other 2 pieces that Gustave lists are around $9 for the pair, so $164 for the 3 pieces (using the OE replacement ATE M.C.)

Hope I did not confuse things!

The site he refers to is Gustavs e30m3performance page which has a great article on the 25mm Master Cylinder Upgrade plus many other well written articles, definitly worth a read.

Ash

Edited by Ghost