Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

SR20DET conversion

tell me one more thing lol what diff are you using and hows it lasting? i might have a engine and box set up planed now :pimp: just gota sort a diff.

Guest Andrew

tell me one more thing lol what diff are you using and hows it lasting? i might have a engine and box set up planed now :pimp: just gota sort a diff.

and a driveshaft.. and fuel.. and etc etc etc

for 10k? something makes me cringe about a 4cyl jap engine conversion, far be it from me to tell you whats right and wrong but thats just my opinion..

besides - I found a the holy grail of spare parts tucked in behind a truck workshop. looks very decieving from the roadside but as you walk down the drive around the corner is a massive factory sized warehouse full of German parts and wrecked/wrecking cars its so awesome pick your parts and he happy to haggle over price..

I asked about getting a half cut, planning an m50 conversion for my e30 325i he said he had done quite a few of them before and could do the whole thing for 8k drive in drive out! Had I not been planning on something alittle more evil (m50 turbo), or being so handy with conversions myself I probably would have said yes where do I pay!

German Wrecking Co.

http://www.germanwrecking.com

- yes I know its in brisbane, thats where ive been working & living for the passed 9 months, moving back this month to finish off my e30 with a nice collection of parts plus a decent amount of savings to spend on it ;)

i will be using the bmw diff that was allready in there (4EVAHI rb25det e30 used his standard diff and reckoned it held up fine to the punishment)

shorten and balance the driveshaft and put the nissan end on the front half

im using a walbro 550hp internal fuel pump and fuel pressure regulater 1:1 ratio per pound of boost increase.

ill let you know how my diff holds up when its on the road and driving. im aiming for high 12 second passes on the strip and will be driven fairly hard at times so will be a good test

Just out of curiosity, can anyone who has done one of these japa-into-a-bmw conversions tell me how much it has cost them? I keep hearing about cheap horsepower, but to me the conversion looks quite costly, when you factor in all of the hidden costs that normally wouldn't apply to a BMW engined conversion. Just curious!

Just out of curiosity, can anyone who has done one of these japa-into-a-bmw conversions tell me how much it has cost them? I keep hearing about cheap horsepower, but to me the conversion looks quite costly, when you factor in all of the hidden costs that normally wouldn't apply to a BMW engined conversion. Just curious!

The first time I got mine on the road was just under $7k and my budget ~$5500, so not too bad.

That covered: big brakes (and new MC), 16" wheels & tyres, custom IC (before all these cheap as ones flooded trademe) & custom radiator, certification.

[edit]

Forgot to add that also included a spare engine.

[/edit]

So for a stock engine/reliability and 300rwhp I was pretty happy.

Of course now I've spent a shite load more, I find most of the enjoyment comes from building it myself and driving it is the cream on top.

Edited by E30-323ti

i dont know how much for me yet as im not finished but if you are putting a stock jappa into bmw then it doesnt cost much

if your doing what i am and putting lots of blingy bits on and bigger better things for more horsepower then it gets real pricey

depends what your after and what you would want to do i guess