Sign in to follow this  
jochen

Do you have the BMW Nav system...

Hi all,

Do you have a BMW Nav system in a Jap import BMW ?

(that's the system where a 4x3 monitor or 16x9 widescreen monitor is fitted to the dash, and shows nav, TV, radio, bordcomputer).

These can be found in the E38, E39 and E46s.

Do you want to get rid of your shitty band expander and make the radio work 100% properly in NZ?

So it gets all frequencies, like it should, and has RDS to show station names etc?

If so, get in touch with me. I know how to fix the problem.

Jochen (the BMW Radio Man) (who hates band expanders) (with a vengence)

Hi Jochen

Just imported a Jap Z4 and have got the world radio switched over to NZ with no issues. The RDS is not operating fully with only "Pop M" coming up on 91ZM and no song titles.

The TV will only tune to TV3 & the Races but not the other 2 channels. Using Pal-Aust setting so far.

Sat Nav is in the car and works with the Jap DVD. Dropped into Chc BMW and was told the NZ DVD probably won't work in it. They suggested I get find a donor and try it to see if it would work. Do you have any thoughts?

Regards

Ron

Ron,

Your radio will be set to OCEANIA. Change to EUROPE, it's better. You can do this yourself, see my sticky post in the mtce forum here.

TV set to PAL-Aust doesn't match our channel numbers in NZ, and won't tune to the upper UHF channels. Change to PAL-Europe, then it'll work properly. This is also a user setting.

Jap Nav systems are totally different. Your's will be an Alpine or Sharp system. You need the Siemens/VDO/Philips system, because the Nav Data DVDs in NZ are only for the VDO system.

I'm about to do a conversion here in Akld from Jap to VDO in the next 10 days, will make a post on how it goes. Involves new Nav computer and wiring changes. If you want this done I can tell you how, email me jochen@woosh.co.nz

Have fun! Jochen