Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

rims

need some advice. wanting to get some 17" black faced polished lipped rims for my e30 but am unsure of what to get. had a look on tardme and found some mint looking ones but they are the wrong offset. dont want to spent a fortune. any suggestions on what? where to look? any pics?

Yeah like withdraw your auction right now - cause it looks as if you have just sold em for 500 unless you dont

What is the offset for the 4 stud e30 mags and what happens if you ones with the wrong ofset? Will they just look pants or will it affect handling? Will hub addapters fix the problem and would you have to change the studs over, sorry for all the Q's but I am currently after a set of mags for my new 320.

Cheers guys.

for 7" wide rims you want around 20-25 offset. too high and the wheels will just sit too far in and not look right. go way to high and they will hit the strut or brake caliper. 16" wheels in 4 x 100 with 25 offset are bloody hard to come by, good luck finding a set. you can use spacers but i'm not sure on legal side of things for spacers.

Yeah I am gunna have to keep an eye out, I might have a ring around all of the wreckers here in CHCH, they usually have a fair amount of mags. I will also have a talk to the ltsa about the plates.

I had a talk with a mechanic who had trouble finding rims for a newer Evo.

Crazy offsets or something.

He said you can use spacers if they're attached to the rims somehow.

He just glued them on.

Would be worth finding out if there's any truth in this

He said you can use spacers if they're attached to the rims somehow.

He just glued them on.

Would be worth finding out if there's any truth in this

You are correct - either "attach" to wheel or hub via screw/bolt or similar means

ref: http://www.lvvta.org.nz/Wheels&Tyres.pdf