Sign in to follow this  
sik_bmw

laser jammers?

One of the cars being used was an old Ferrari 400, on black number plates. This car was virtually invisable to the Hawk radar, down to a couple of hundred metres.

Why?....nothing reflective of the front of the car. The radar relies on good reflection for a good lock......nice reflector number plates....big headlight assemblies and chrome grilles all help the cause.

A stealth bomber, for the road- Yeehaa! Just need to paint it matt black, that would really F$%K 'em!
A stealth paint matt black paint lead sled Merc........yeeha

Quick search on the net found a Ka Jammer that actually works.....

www.scorpionjammers.com

but at $US1500, you gotta be doing a whole swag of speeding......

Then another couple of lines down found this...

http://www.1-radar-laser-jammers-detectors...50ae4b9284a92d7

If it doesnt really work with instant on, and it doesnt work under 700 feet.....it aint gonna save your licence in NZ.....and adding to that it might die and stop working after only a few months of operation.....it might be easier to save it for the race track and slow down on the roads......

On Jap Imports, The best way to wire in a Scrambler is thru a Relay switch that is activated by the speedo alarm [105kph] When you slow down to under that speed, it switches off,so the cop gets a reading.

Note I use the term 'scrambler' not Jammer, these is a huge legal difference between the Two.

On Jap Imports, The best way to wire in a Scrambler is thru a Relay switch that is activated by the speedo alarm [105kph] When you slow down to under that speed, it switches off,so the cop gets a reading.

Note I use the term 'scrambler' not Jammer, these is a huge legal difference between the Two.

I dont see that legally there is much difference.

A jammer (in theory) would be a transmitting device that transmits at a specific frequency to "block" or "blind" or "scramble" Police radar. This can be to present a specific speed on the police radar, or prevent a Police radar getting a lock.

It my understanding that both K and Ka radar sit within the radio frequencies used by HAM radio enthusiasts, and by having a HAM licence you can transmit on these frequencies legally.

A scrambler sounds very much like the terminology used by "Passive" jammer marketers, and the reasons they dont work are listed on my previous novel.

If your scrambler is a transmitter then its covered off by the radio transmission regulations

Basically if its not a transmitter, I wouldnt be staking my licence on it.

Sorry mate, I didn't read all the postings. Under the[old] Post Office Act you could risk getting an illegal transmitter [And Whatever it is Fastened to] Confiscated. I don't know if this law stands any more [but feel free to Test the law if you wish]

Back in march 04 I did a road trip from Portland down to Los Angeles with a friend who used a scrambler made by 'Rocky Mountain Radar' It worked fine, But as you have mentioned thats USA not Here.

If any of you techno-heads want to build a unit. Google Kenneke.com They sell plans for Radar Jammers, Cell-phone Jammers, Garage-Door-Remote Jammers Etc [for educational purposes only, yeah right]

Cheers everyone. . .Kerry

The most basic system you can build...

Get an old round headlight (like my Morris Minor had), take the reflective dish, fit a spark plug, where the bulb used to go.

Wire this into your spark system. It will blind pretty much anything on the market.

Highly illegal, but extremely effective. Hard to hide, when the cops pull you over too. :lol:

Get an old round headlight (like my Morris Minor had), take the reflective dish, fit a spark plug, where the bulb used to go.

Wire this into your spark system. It will blind pretty much anything on the market.

Highly illegal, but extremely effective. Hard to hide, when the cops pull you over too. :lol:

I heard that one, oh, must be nearly twenty years ago! I always thought it was one of those urban myths! Still, you wouldn't be pissed off if that got confiscated now would you?!!!!! Edited by conrod

Someone you know is one of the best RF Engineers in the world, and he says it's true.

Who am I to argue?

If it was that simple, how come all of these guys in the US with letters after their names, still try making boxes to jam radars, using precision ground aerials and lots of high powered chips.......

It actually wouldnt be that hard to "hide" nowadays. Everybody is driving a bloody Japanese SUV, with monster foglights mounted on their nudge bars.

As the RF is there regardless on whether the glass is uncovered, not, whats stopping you leaving the plastic foglight covers on......

If it was that simple, how come all of these guys in the US with letters after their names, still try making boxes to jam radars, using precision ground aerials and lots of high powered chips.......

It actually wouldnt be that hard to "hide" nowadays. Everybody is driving a bloody Japanese SUV, with monster foglights mounted on their nudge bars.

As the RF is there regardless on whether the glass is uncovered, not, whats stopping you leaving the plastic foglight covers on......

It is hard to charge $1000 + dollars for a solution like that. Also, it's power output is far higher than you will get from any silicon device.

I didn't say you couldn't use the glass. I was just using the most basic components, if you'd like to add extra cost to your jammer. Go for it.

However, more components, the lower the MTBF. As you highlighted in one of your earlier posts. There is some component of non-visible light in the radar detector/jammers. So plastic would make a difference. Every tried to look through the rear window of a Z3 these days? It's like looking through a glass of trim milk. If you don't think that effects the transmission on light, you are wrong.

You have highlighted a major advantage of driving a small vehicle and one that is a good defense against being pinged by the cops. All the relected signals, need to be deciphered. So, if you are travelling in front of something much bigger than you (i.e. a Truck), then the police need to be closer to get a definitive lock on you.

It is hard to charge $1000 + dollars for a solution like that. Also, it's power output is far higher than you will get from any silicon device.

Why not.......Rocky Mountain Radar have been suckering people for years, with a product that has less active components than that!

Someone you know is one of the best RF Engineers in the world, and he says it's true.

Who am I to argue?

That is good enough for me Cain!

just slow down. save it for the track, nuff said.

or speed and man up when the cop is following.