Sign in to follow this  
ieasti

Custom Headers ? Any ideas?

Hey guys, I have a e46 330ci, and was planning to import some headers from overseas, but much to my disappointment i found out that they would not fit because we are RHD, and most aftermarket headers seem to be for LHD! so having said that I was wondering where is a good place to get some custom made headers for my e46 330ci, I am in the Auckland Area.

Regarding to them being custom made, what do I need to be aware of? do I ask them to copy a certain existing design? or is it just a random act of welding stainless steel pipes together in hope of increasing airflow and better output?

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks guys

Get Hold Of SEGEDIN TRUCK & AUTO [sTA] 09 2561120 They Import OBX Brand from Japan [RHD]

Get Hold Of SEGEDIN TRUCK & AUTO [sTA] 09 2561120 They Import OBX Brand from Japan [RHD]

Got hold of them, but I am afraid they don't do any BMW headers for e46 :(

I have got 3 sets of headers coming out of Europe that are designed for E36 & E46 328 & 330 M52 & M54 engines.

These are Right hand drive in 1.7 mil Stainless not lightweight asian crap stainless.

They bolt straight up to the standard mid section

Just waiting on freight costs and details, looks like they will land here for around $1900 . Happy to pass them on for an additional 10% to club members but will need a deposit

wow... thats some $$$... any ideas on how much gain you going to get from those? I would've thought you can get custom ones made for cheaper than that price....

Guest Andrew

I have got 3 sets of  headers coming out of Europe that are designed for E36 & E46 328 & 330 M52 & M54 engines.

These are Right hand drive in 1.7 mil Stainless not lightweight asian crap stainless.

They bolt straight up to the standard mid section

Just waiting on freight costs and details, looks like they will land here for around $1900 . Happy to pass them on for an additional 10%  to club members but will need a deposit

wow... thats some $$$... any ideas on how much gain you going to get from those? I would've thought you can get custom ones made for cheaper than that price....
my custom ones were closer to 3k - that is a good price. It depends if you want actual tuned equal length headers - or just bits of metal tube in a random configuration.

Guest Andrew

I had my tuned equal legnth headers done for about 1600 but thats in Wellington so no help to you sorry

3 -> 2 -> 1 ?

I think E36 M3 headers will fit, the bolt pattern on the head is the same on the M54 as the S50. But good luck finding a second hand set for reasonable $$$$, they are $8K new!

hey guys, I got in touch with Terri from Al's Muffler, and he seems to have a good idea of what he is doing. Quoting what he said

"We suggest a tri Y set as space is limited and tuning of them is almost eqaul lenght due to the space factor and the firing order that is specified for the motor. The price is between $900 and $1100 depending on where you want your power

band and torque increase."

Seems a pretty good deal to me, seeing how it's all "customized". Any one have any experience in dealing with them?

Al's mufflers did my exhaust system, i would recommend them to anyone wanting something custom!