Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

Front tower bar

Does anyone know where to buy a front tower bar for my e30? I know you can get em off the likes of Turner MS in the US but what about NZ?

better known as .... a strut brace. I can get them from overseas through a hookup, have got my rear strut brace but front hasnt arrived yet. Your looking at sub $200 + delivery.

Delivery was about 4 weeks.

Edited by E30stz

Thats not a bad price at all. Is that price for the front? Also whats involved in getting one? - Cheers

I'll put up pics one I recieve them of the front strut brace. The price I gave you is just an estimate, I believe you'll be looking at aruond there abouts.

The extent of them is debatable, these are much cheaper htan other options but not necessarly as good. I decided to buy a set to try them out, my rear strut brace is here and although it doesnt look that tough, it is pretty durable and strong. The designs incorporate a hinged design, which I'm told can make differences but I'm not so sure.

landed from ireland engineering is around 450...there a few cheaper options, a cheap jappa stuff shop at 109 cook street sells generic strut braces that can be adapted to fit...some guy in christchurch i think was making some up that looked decent, so have a look round the site under "strut braces" and you should be able to keep in touch with him

go to www.e30m3performance.com, see how they work and see how come the hinged designs dont matter as much (single piece bars are nice though)

here are some pictures of the rear strut brace if thats anything to go by for the quality of the goods. These pictures we're taking of the unused item, loosely put together to avoid scratching etc as dunno if I'll put it on or end up selling it now that race car has been written off.

post-5-1151215275.jpg

pic two ... just keep in mind the rear strut brace is much more simpler than the front. So design will vary.

This strut brace is designed for E30's specifically, so no mods needed... I hope lol.

Cheers

Andy

post-5-1151215408.jpg

Edited by E30stz

andy, where did you get that? looks exactly like mine

my one has a straight bar extending across rather than your angled sections. Semi bracket style, I'm assuming this would be less rigid than a angled brace..

Edited by E30stz

5 of our custom front strut braces will be up for sale this week finally! with full detailed pix. sorry for the delay fellas, cant wait to post up the pix, as soon as my digi cam turns up today or tomo