Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

94 540iS

hot. Wheres the throwing stars at though? Were they a factory option or somethin?

Cain's wheels are rare E34 M5 Throwing Stars

Cain's wheels are rare E34 M5 Throwing Stars

yuh i know that, just thought that the 540is may have come out with throwing stars as standard, or possibly a factory option.

Cool, haven't seen that one before.

Never would have come with 16 inch wheels. The interior is correct for the iS. Still like the Black wood inserts better.

It's low k's, but missing the extras the LE has. I don't think the Standard iS ever came with Throwing Stars.

Can someone keep an eye on it and let me know what it goes for.

Cheers

Edited by cainchapman

as far as i know the 540 is come with metrics!.The one that was for sale down here had 16's i wonder if it is the same one..

Cant see trademe at work...

Edited by kiwi535

540 badge wrong side,bloody //m badge on it,look like the one for sale about a year ago...

Cains car is very special there wont be another in NZ .Its actually a Aussie Model we didnt get it,so the 540 IS would have been THE 5 series in 1994.If it goes for anything like the price thats on it its a bloody good car for that money,looks in good nick too.

Edited by kiwi535

Bidding at $10,000, 10 days to go, red flags up, so it's selling. Seems to be lots of interest.

That steering wheel is not the M (4 spoke) one. It's the same as Paul's 535 on (off memory). Can't remember one like that before.

Nicer looking wheels than the one in Wellington. Mate, they are some km's.

Bidding at $10,000, 10 days to go, red flags up, so it's selling. Seems to be lots of interest.

its a pretty mint/special car for 10000

he will have job selling that one seeing the welly one with less than half the ks is past reserve at 10...style 5 wheels I think hate the interior colour,my wheel is non airbag Cain....

Posted Image

what is the difference Cain between yours and an IS,they dont have the edc suspension...anything else?Do the NZ 540 run cats and O2 sensors or were they built for dirty petrol(ie leaded?)

The 540LE (officially our car) is the top spec 540i with M5 running gear(EDC, Turbine mags), but with the Cruise control, Sport seats, ASC+T. Little extras like the illuminating Gear knob (M5), Memory seats (honestly couldn't comment on the standard iS), No climate control. 4 Spoke M stitched wheel.

And as you know Paul, only 70 RHD drive models built to this spec.

I'd need to park a normal iS next to ours to spot the complete set of differences.

I'd need to park a normal iS next to ours to spot the complete set of differences.

it will be too late then

Went for a drive today

Couldnt be to specific re actual specs but seems to have every available option,feels quite different to the 535,engine very impressive,body, paint ,interior not quite as good as mine.

Did i mention the engine!

Steering and brakes felt wooden and unresponsive compared to the 535

Has the memory seats too and the left mirror drops down when you engage reverse,didnt notice cruise control!

But that engine......

i need some advice on this ...pm me if you have had lots of trademe exp...

hydrogen1 aka Carlos from Wellington - Bid $12,950 funny ... [edit] he has no feedback to date, wonder if this will go through.[/edit]

Edited by E30stz

Went to Hydrogen1 for $12950.

couldnt make up my mind about that car.Wasnt in as good a cond as the mileage and ad suggested,Shelleys knew the car but couldnt give me any service history,was actually repossesed,no owners manual no service book etc...drove nice tho