Sign in to follow this  
Huttey

E39 Sound System

I need to replace my front door speakers (vibrate with bass), two options

1. Do it myself, I have details on removing door panels but they don't mention anything special needing to be done for airbags, has anyone any experiences in doing this.

2. Get a sound shop to do it - can anyone recommend a sound shop in Wellington that is reasonably priced, knows their stuff and experienced with Beemers particularly and E39

I need to replace my front door speakers (vibrate with bass), two options

1. Do it myself, I have details on removing door panels but they don't mention anything special needing to be done for airbags, has anyone any experiences in doing this.

2. Get a sound shop to do it - can anyone recommend a sound shop in Wellington that is reasonably priced, knows their stuff and experienced with Beemers particularly and E39

Gidday Huttey

Have had doors apart in my E39 previously, & from memory air bag assy would not need touching to replace the speakers - bass speaker is mounted in it's own plastic enclosure behind the trim, & from memory is a custom fit unit so some adaptation may be required to retrofit another unit in it's place.

You may want to check that theres not something loose in there vibrating before going to the trouble of replacing though.

If replacement required -would be easy enough to do yourself with a suitable replacement speaker.

Hope this helps Cheers :)