Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Opinions please!

I know in the end it is my desicion but from the amount of knowledge in this forum i would like to ask if i should opt out of fixing my E30 and purchase a 1987 m535i here : http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...&key=295223.

My aim with the insurance money if i keep the e30 is to a) 2.7 it and fix the damage

B) buy a 2.5 and swap all the bits into mine

Alternatively i could seel the e30 as parts etc and purchase the m535i. Does anyone know thistory of this car etc? It looks quite a minter.... :huh:

grab ye harpoons

Huh? Would i be breaking the law buying a 5'er?! Just all those m/sport goodies sound so good :P i didnt think the miles were to bad either seeing as most of them ive seen are 250,000+

I'd ask Brent for advice on that. It looks like a new paint-job to me. That always scares me on an old car. However, it looks to be in pretty good condition internally (except for the Rangi wiring). Don't listen to Gus, let him stick with his milk bottle sized motor. Get a 5, they are always better.

Looks like a good buy for 5k. Will be drive v similar to mine. Theyre a lot of fun. A better zaust does wonders for them. Go for a single 2.5" on it or a twin 2" like mine. Have a lot of power, p-own e30s in straight lines no worries, and are good fuel eco on the open road if you do a lot of that.

Check the driveline, the driveshaft yokes fail quite often and arent that cheap.

Theyre comfortable to drive, with lots of room, and handle suprisingly well for a big sedan. Def need a slippy in them though, so Id hit that.

Very cheap and easy to do a brake upgrade on them, IMO, they need it. E34, E32 fronts, E31, etc all bolt on with no mods.

Plenty of bmw alloys that look cool on them for cheap. Even some of the uglier/cheaper E34 wheels look cool on them.

And its a real M car!

Edited by bmwsparkle

Hey Mate,

I have driven the car itself. The owner was last looking at 10k and i picked mine up for half of that. In saying that, it is structurally sound - no rust, however cosmetically it needs a little work - some scratches here and there. Interior could do with a fix up a few rips nothing major, some switches missing/not working - but nothing major - you could scrape everything you need together on bimmersport. You would want to take out his shotty sound install. It has something wierd screwed into the dash and will leave holes, and he thinks it looks cool. no modifications i can remember (last drove it over a year ago)

hope this helps. btw, I wouldnt pay more than 7,5

Guest Andrew

A well set up 2.5 or 2.7 e30 will ownage a e28 535 in a straight line and in twisties.

Ultimately the e28 is still a large whale.

awesome, that things been fopr sale for ages.... proly could use that as leverage for a price drop even ;)

cool cars.

just don't lower it too much, goodbye sump :P

Thats a cool car man, i have little knowledge of m535's but it looks tidy and would definitely be more unique than an e30