Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Which wheels?

Deep dish 16x10" or 17x7" advantis  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As per topic:

Pic 1:

post-590-1153130238_thumb.jpg

post-590-1153130357_thumb.jpg

Edited by sakdbma

Dude those 16" blacks kick ass. that dish is sex.

you should buy a boot roundel too ;)

Wholy hell Chris....... That car looks stunning. Ive never seen an mtec in black and i absolutly love it.

Edit: first pic

Edited by Steve K-B

Yuh, 16" wheels were my choice to, i just have to convince the person that has tjem to sell them to me! Im gunna keep the black theme and get some of those carbon roundels off trademe, just waiting for that oh so lovely insurance money to come through :D

Im confused how the pictures match up to the descriptions. The black ones look better and 17" is too big for an E30

Sorry the silver wheels are 17's and black wheels are 16's sorry if it was vague

Car would look pretty mint wit 16 dished on it! is your mtec rear spoiler painted black to match? i mean on the rubber tip bit ? just wan2 know how the paint holds up

Edited by drifty325i

Car would look pretty mint wit 16 dished on it! is your mtec rear spoiler painted black to match? i mean on the rubber tip bit ? just wan2 know how the paint holds up

Yea the hole spoiler is painted, i sanded it way back and gave it a light coating of plastic putty/bog and sanded it again, to get it real smooth, then bout 3 or 4 coats of primer, wet and dry and then paint, it takes a bit of prepping to get it right but worth it in the end. You just have to make sure jerk offs dont go sitting on the spoiler or leaning up against it cos the paint will crack slightly. But then again if you prep it well you wont have this problem.

Sweet i think it looks mint all painted up, im going to do the same thing with mine. and now i know how to do it cheers dude :)

Sweet i think it looks mint all painted up, im going to do the same thing with mine. and now i know how to do it cheers dude :)

Sweetas, just be sure to do it off the car :D

Also, those 16x10"s are already on a e30, they look sweet on the car they are on but i have a feeling with the arse of my car being so low i might have trouble with fitment, they are running hub spacers and the dude that has them said the stick out about 1/2 inch from the front guards. Will this affect WOF? I go to a kinda dodgy place for my WOF's anyway but would this scew things up? I really love the dished 16's aye, the are sex, and ive never seen any apart from one set in the country... Correct me if im wrong but my 17"s + 500-600 bucks would be a good deal for the 16's and hub spacers? Seeing as they are so hard to come by?

Edited by sakdbma

Year its off the car at mo so it will work out well. what kind of dished mags are thos?

Year its off the car at mo so it will work out well. what kind of dished mags are thos?

I have no idea but they are badass and i want them :D

They are dam badass! your car would rock with them

damm knew i shouldve tryed bying those wheels when i emailed the guy!! black ones are wicked

Also, those 16x10"s are already on a e30, they look sweet on the car they are on but i have a feeling with the arse of my car being so low i might have trouble with fitment, they are running hub spacers and the dude that has them said the stick out about 1/2 inch from the front guards. Will this affect WOF?

Yes, the wheel and tyre must not stick out further than the gard. 16" * 10" are extremly wide wheels...... you would be sticking 255 tyres on wouldnt you? Would they fit? or am i just missing somthing here :blink:

yea you would possibly need to flare your guards out a bit to make sure your wheels don't stick outside when you take a birds eye view of it. Also I suppose you could do the old wheel swap every 6months just for wof.

and if youre going to flare your fronts by rule you have to flare your rears

even 16 x 9 are a bit of a squeeze and most guys can only run stretched 215's with them. will take a bit of work to get them to fit, and an offset of around 5, or probably less.

Also I suppose you could do the old wheel swap every 6months just for wof

Interesting thought.

I know some of you here will have valuable input on this: if he did this, wouldn't the car then be 'unwarranted' ? Would/could the insurance coy then refuse to pay on any claims?

Heres what they look like on the car they are on at the moment.

I think 215 stretched on them at the moment. how much to flare guards? They would need to be repainted? sucks they r so wide, wishing they were 9's, they would look damn tough though....

post-590-1153270031_thumb.jpg

Edited by sakdbma

Guest Spargo

A tiny bit of research will show that that particular Borbet rim was never made in 16x10. He's obviously measured it lip to lip, rather than bead to lip, thus giving it over an inch more diameter than it really has. Its a 16x9.

You'll need spacers AND flared guards, but f**k me it will look tough.

DO IT