Sign in to follow this  
stuart76

oil cooler

hi guys,

stupid question - whats the technical name of the adaptor thing which goes between the block and oil filter so you can attach lines to an oil cooler? also where would i find one to buy? thanks

does anyone have any positive or negative comments about them?

i presume your talking about e30s? ive Read and listened alot about the oil cooler on 325s in newzealand and from what i gather we really dont need them as

it does not get hot enough in nz to warrant using one. And can cause problems with blockages etc

It is called an 'Oil Cooler Adapter Pad' or block, a good source of oil coolers in Auckland is Autoquip Marketing on Dominion rd [they import them]

Don't the E30's already have a basic oil cooler on them?? When I took my radiator of it was hooked up to both water and oil so I am guessing that that is some kind of cooler. Could be wrong though.

That's your auto trans cooler, not engine oil.

Make sure you know the history of the oil cooler [or can clean it] Oil coolers a generally a throwaway item when an engine runs a bearing [the debri is usually impossible to clean out 100%]

BUY A NEW ONE! or Don't use one!