Sign in to follow this  
sven007

e36 coupe 318is Door motor

Hi, I am in need for a 1994 e36 318is Coupe right side door motor( I think). My right side window does not go down anymore and I was told by an electrician that I need a new motor or regulator ( cant memba and whats different between them?). I heard that these are quite expensive. My windows are the type that when u open the door they drop about a cm or when you close the doors they raise a cm. Can someone point me in the right direction and if you have one or what types I can use would be very greatful.

Hi, I am in need for a 1994 e36 318is Coupe right side door motor( I think). My right side window does not go down anymore and I was told by an electrician that I need a new motor or regulator ( cant memba and whats different between them?). I heard that these are quite expensive. My windows are the type that when u open the door they drop about a cm or when you close the doors they raise a cm. Can someone point me in the right direction and if you have one or what types I can use would be very greatful.

Annoying. Had the same thing happen, ie motor thing breaking. Make sure whoever does it doesn't break the clips inside your interior door panel off! Ends up being quite the performance. yelling etc. you know the story..

Hi, How much did it cost you for a new motor? Yeah I will get it installed by a professional and let them know.

Hi, How much did it cost you for a new motor? Yeah I will get it installed by a professional and let them know.

I'll have a look at the receipt copy, its under warranty so all work was paid for by the dealership I bought from. let ya know

Hi,

Thanks much appreciated. Havent bothered phoning Shelly BMW as many people have told me they charge an arm an a leg. So going to wreckers would be the next best option but have heard that they also seem to charge alot mroe because it is a european car! :angry:

Thanks