Sign in to follow this  
jrgb

Euro plates on imported E46

B)-->

QUOTE(John B @ Aug 1 2006, 10:21 AM) 88797[/snapback]

Both yourself and hybrid were absolutely right - the offset is critical. I guess that's why I have always fitted custom-made 3-piece Arrow wheels to my cars in the past. A 3-piece wheel allows you to have any offset (positive or negative) that you require.

The wheel my wife is going for is a 19 x 8.5 inch with a 38mm offset. This wheel has been fitted on other E46s, and from the images I have seen, they fit ready well. Maybe we will have to lower the car, but we'lll make that decision once the wheels are fitted.

I know a number of you have recommended not to go with a 19 inch wheel (because of the harsh ride), but my wife doesn't seem too concerned - she's been driving a Porsche for the last five years, so I guess she's used to hard riding cars. Plus she only drives about 5000km each year, so hopefully won't get tired of the ride. She's going with a 35mm profile so it should be okay ... touch wood! Maybe we shouldn't sell the 18" wheels currently on the car to quickly, just in case she changes her mind!

Sweet, good luck with your car sounds like you already know all the important bits. The bad thing about a BMW is the relatively uncommon stud pattern for wheels. The upside of this though is that it usually cuts out the ugly and garish wheels and the offset should be in the right zone. Make sure you post a pic when you've had a play with it. $50 bucks sounds good for the paint, I should really get some of my trim colour coded.