Sign in to follow this  
Docile

removing headlights e36

hey guys/ladiez. how do you remove the headlights from an e36? man its so different than my honda that keep on chuggin (even when the fuel needle is way past the empty line )LOL !!

so far ive removed the top screws off the headlights and i cant seem to find a way to the bottom of the headlights :blink:

Remove the wires first. Then, there should be 5 screws to remove them. 3 on top as you can see. One you need to remove the corner indicator, the last one you need to remove the radiator cover (a big piece of plastic with 5 screws). It's on the opposite side as the other one.

On this subject ... when removing the front indicators ('92 E36) is it just that clip thing that you need to push out and then it should just slide out? Having huge problems getting them out !

there is a clip from the side indicator its got notches. you should be able to just see it. press it then pull it out. thats hw i got mine off

try wiggling it a bit. as some debris might be stopping it from sliding off..

on that note i have a air compressor in which i clean all the debri off before i tried to pull it out

...whoops, turns out mine had a screw on the bottom outer side. I managed to break the clips before I realised this and had to hack saw the screw off. From what I can make it is a very very poor design as there is no way I can see to get the screw out unless you take the front guard off.

For future reference, a '92 318 may have a screw!!!

oh sorry to hear that bro... i checked my one for a screw this after noon and found out that my side indicators DID have a hole for the screw.. but the thing is that when i took mine off I didnt even take one off to get it loose.. probably previous owner did something and forgot to put it back in... (ive put a replacement screw there now)